Curtain Grids in the Curtain wall properties are placed according to the spacing value given in the Edit type properties. This spacing is adjusted according to the Justification conditions mentioned in the Instance properties or by graphically clicking the spacing icon on the screen as shown in the following images:
Revit has Two types of Fill Patterns: Drafting & Model. Like AutoCAD, Revit too has same method of Definition to create Patterns, hence the Revit Fill Patterns can be found in Program files/Autodesk/ Revit Architecture 2014/ Data.. which has both Metric & Imperial Revit.Pat files.
If we want a Model Pattern to be available as Drafting Pattern, typically in some cases like CutPattern does not allow model patterns, its disabled as shown below: Then follow this procedure to create a new Drafting Pattern that has the same fill pattern as the Model one.
In this Example I will take Brick Pattern available in Model but not as Drafting.
1. Open the Revit.Pat file or Revit Metric.Pat file based on the units you are working.
3. Change ;%TYPE=MODEL TO ;%TYPE=DRAFTING
5. Now open Revit … Manage… Additional Settings….Fill pattern…Select Drafting pattern….New…..choose custom…import….select the Brick.Pat file….set the import scale till you see a preview correctly…once imported this cannot be changed, you can only re import & change.
6. This will henceforth be a drafting pattern that can be selected as cutpattern in material Library.
Note: Type=Model or Drafting in the definition defines the type of Pattern.
Do you want to attach the Door family to the normal Curtain Walls ? Well under normal circumstances in does not allow… so here’s another method to get our result:
1. Adjust the spacing of the Curtain panel to accommodate the Opening size by adding or removing the Grids & Mullions.
2. Create a Basic Wall type of the Thickness & Material of Glass
.Eg Type name :Wall Glass
3. Select the Curtain Panel where you want the door to be inserted.
4. Replace the Panel with the above created Wall type (Wall Glass)
5. Now we can insert the Doors from the Door Family Category to the Curtain Wall!!
1. Select the Dimension for Alternate dimensioning, click the Edit Type in the Properties
2. Under Alternate Units:Choose the position for placement of the Alternate Units
Units Format: Choose the unit required for Alternate units( check off Project units to choose other units)
Units Prefix & Suffix : Can choose brackets to display the Alternate dimension Or choose appropriate unit text like m, cm etc.
2. Lock & save the 3D view with the Lock 3D tool in View control Bar
3. Go to Annotate Tab –> Material Tag--> If not loaded it will prompt you to load from the Library, Go to Annotation folder from the Library to locate the Material Tag if not loaded already
4 This Material tag has the Material Description as the label, so whatever is set in the Description of the material in the Material editor that will appear in the Tag.
****Tips: You can change the Arrowhead style & type of arrow by selecting the tag—Type properties.